PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2019, 22:46
sinbad73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OltonPete
The Flybe reduction I believe the poster is referring to, is the East Midlands changes which currently show the early morning Glasgow and Edinburgh services this summer as being removed from the booking engine which appears to be correct.

The effect other than you can't do a days business in the East Midlands from Scotland is that it also affects the Jersey and Amsterdam routes from East Mids.

What I can tell is that Amsterdam remains and is operated by the Edinburgh aircraft but by reducing Glasgow to twice a day the Jersey flight has to change and it appears to be operated by a BHX based aircraft. The knock on effect for BHX is possibly the reduction in Channel Isle services as some days only shows two flights a day compared to three.

I reviewed the BHX schedule for summer 2019 earlier and the second Milan on Tuesday and Wednesday has gone as well as the Channel Isle changes, other changes mentioned on this thread or others is some Isle of Man reductions to Manchester ad Liverpool.

Aircraft utilisation at BHX has been improved with 5 out of the 6 based DH8D's operating 8 sectors in the week.

Pete
Thanks/apologies - my misunderstanding.