PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality Fly ATPL Integrated
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2019, 19:22
Juan Cervero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear readers,

I’m Juan Cervero, the Managing Director of QUALITY FLY Aviation Academy since November 2018, and I’d like to answer and share some facts following the comments that have been posted above in this public forum.

I would like to be completely honest and transparent, since the accusations are serious and unfair, and do not reflect the Organisation which is currently training over 50 international students who are currently undertaking their integrated pilot license training at our facilities, and our team of over 15 employees.

Yes, over the last 6 months, we were faced with several challenges at our flying school, mainly as a result of our rapid growth and the huge demand we have received over the past two years. However, I would like to point out that the information posted above does not in any way reflect the reality, neither at the time we were faced with the challenges, and most certainly not now. As with any organisation faced with peaks of disruption, the responsibility of the management team will always be to identify the root cause, and action upon that accordingly.

The problem: As the person with utmost authority within this organisation, I am well aware of the issues that were highlighted at the time, as these were identified to me soon after I joined the team. One of my first objectives within the organisation was to gather information from both our customers and our team of instructors. I concluded that due to a very distinct conflict of personalities, a toxic relationship had developed between some of our students, our Chief Ground School Instructor working for us at the time, and one of our Ground Instructors. As a relatively small organisation, where we give tremendous importance to the relationship with our customers, it was apparent that the customer experience at the time was far from optimal. As an approved ATP training organisation, we demand full dedication from our students, and at times the pressure is high, but that is no excuse for not engaging with our students, this being one of our key company values. Once I was aware of what was causing the friction, corrective action was taken, including changes within our management team. Unfortunately, several students had already made the decision to complete their training elsewhere. We were very sad to lose those students, and we tried everything that was in our scope to recover their trust and confidence in our organisation.

[The atmosphere: I can confirm that, yes, the student atmosphere was not the best back in October. However, I can share with you my professional impression of the atmosphere now; I see smiles and motivation in the students as they progress through their training. And the impression seems to be the same in the candidates visiting the school when they are offered to participate in a class and meet our students. As this is a very subjective topic, we are conducting regular interviews with our students, to listen to their concerns, and we will requestthat their opinions are shared in these public forum for your more complete information..

To conclude: I want to share with you that we are a young but growing organization which, as with all organizations, will occasionally be faced with challenges. However, I can confirm with emphasis that our team is working with motivation, and making every effort to offer the best training to our students, our customers. The school will continue to grow in size and quality, and we will continue to invest heavily to ensure all the required resources, both physical and human, are available in order for our students to complete their training to the highest of standards.

With this post I hope to have clarified some of the issues highlighted above, but from a wider perspective.

Juan Cervero (CEO)