Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2019, 16:30
azz767

Originally Posted by pholling View Post

I have never been able to figure out why there isn't more UK-MCO traffic during the autumn and winter half terms and Easter. A much better time to get your Mickey fix, especially the half-term breaks when all the Americans are in school. Anyhow, VS's UK-US ops are now very much in the hands of the planners in ATL. So any changes there are well thought through by those folks. Now that DL and AF/KL have the vast majority of shares I would imagine similar treatment will be given to other ops, which were only partially controlled by ATL in the past.

As for lightning, that always closes the ramp. Can't place or remove the jet bridge, fuel, or unload/load baggage for the duration. A pain, but everyone is equally affected.
In my experience a week just isnít enough for the land of the mouse. The problem with half term is going for longer than a week at these times means taking your child out of school, which now means our stupid government give you a stupid fine meaning you have to spend stupid money on going in the holidays. I have however seen cases where the fine for taking the child out of school has worked out less than the increase in cost for going in summer so the parents have swallowed the fine