PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prospects for future upcoming pilots in East Africa
Old 13th Feb 2019, 05:02
The Sankara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingcrankshaft
Hey!

I trained in the US and got a FAA CPL SEL/MEL with IR. I am going to do some time building before heading over to Africa to try my luck. Planning to head to Namibia first before heading to other countries. Being a foreigner and having a foreigner license, license conversion is my second concern. My first concern is to be hired. I am hoping to fly for companies that fly tourists into safaris, hence will be making my first stop in Namibia or Botswana. Do you guys know of any such companies in East Africa or anywhere in Africa?
Most of the tourist use smaller planers to access such places as the Mara and other remotely located airstips. There are plenty of such companies in Kenya, including Safari Link Kenya, Air Kenya, Penial Kenya, East African Express, Aeronov and many other companies. Most of these companies use Cessna Caravans, and some use Dash Q Series. So as you try to build time, you might have to consider prioritizing handling these two types of planes. Congo is also a good place to try. You might also have to consider Flight Instruction, that field doesnt have so many people in it, especially here in Nairobi.