PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling out CASA's Sham "consultation"
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2019, 08:27
Horatio Leafblower

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Devil Calling out CASA's Sham "consultation"

No matter your opinion of AOPA or Angel Flight, you really must agree that the way CASA has treated the General Aviation industry has been nothing if not contemptuous and arrogant.
Congratulations to Ben Morgan who continues to take the fight up to the regulator and the politicians in a way that I can't remember AOPA doing in my 28 years in the industry.

CASA has, at the stroke of a pen, eliminated Charter effective March 2021 and with their un-consulted Community Service Flight regulations all but eliminated Angel Flight as an important VOLUNTEER community service.

If I was a conspiracy theorist I would suggest that the RAAA, Chaired by Regional Express, and the ASAP, Chaired by the pseudo-charity (heavily govt funded thru charter contracts and donations) RFDS, have the blood of the General Aviation Industry on their hands.
...oh and by the way, CASA has also eliminated "Charter" from their definition of "General Aviation"... because a Baron or a C206 or a Chieftain flown on charter is "Air Transport" just like a B747.

Watch Ben Morgan's latest here: