PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2019, 18:33
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December pax, 2018 pax & Jet2

Originally Posted by GayFriendly
Interesting article in TTG Online about Jet2 and the delivery of its 100th aircraft.

It states no planned new routes for 2020 and if they do, it will be one or two only. It also firmly states no new bases and they want to make sure existing bases grow. the 100th aircraft will be used to help bolster frequencies on existing routes.

The good news is that it specifically states BHX (and STN!) as their fastest growing bases and these are central to any future growth.

They also say they have a lot of cash in the bank and are not adversely worried by Brexit.

After such a difficult couple of years at BHX with airlines disappearing at a rate of knots (and with the future of BE still very much 'up in the air' pardon the pun) it is reassuring to know that Jet2 are committed to BHX and although cautious have obviously long term plans for sustainable growth of the base. Whilst we may not see new routes, I think they will continue to bring in more pax year on year as they grow frequencies on existing ones, which actually number of 40 this summer, not to be sniffed at!.

If only BHX could attract a carrier that could fill some of the 'city break' gaps that have left a big hole in its schedules, that would be just great!
Jet2 - Seem to be loading in a second A321 for summer as rumoured. I only found two on a Saturday in the seating map (DBV/IBZ) but it is hard work on my PC but no doubt will be clearer in a few days.

December 2018 - 825754 up 4.37% - some disappointing individual route figures but will post them another day and still below December 2016

2018 - 12,457,031 down 4% on 2017 (12,990,300)

Pete