PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 11th Feb 2019, 10:13
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help but feel sorry for Mr. Ibbotson, whilst I don't in any way condone his actions of deciding to fly that evening I can sort of understand why...
However, surely the root cause of this accident is the aviation industry...Now, I don't know if Mr. Ibbotson was happy tootling around the skies with a PPL of if he had greater ambitions. Assuming the latter, he would have (understandably) almost taken any opportunity to build up his hours.IMHO, it's the system thats to blame, as far as I'm aware you don't hear of accountants, lawyers, surgeons etc. paying for their training, work experience, place of work etc.

I do not agree. By definition he made this flight in contravention of the system. Most people manage to build their hours without breaking the law. There are always unprofessional types who operate in a culture of non-compliance where they think they can get away with it. We are seeing the consequences of that here.