PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 10th Feb 2019, 15:02
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runway30

Here are the various parties

Willie McKay: Father of the agent acting for Nantes Football Club contacted David Henderson to book/arrange the flight. Didn’t specify an aircraft but wanted David Henderson as the pilot. Didn’t charge Sala.

David Henderson: Commercial Pilot/Charter Broker/Aircraft Manager. Not known who he contacted to arrange the aircraft but arranged for Ibbotson to be the pilot. Has had very well publicised previous linkage to the aircraft. His credit card was used to pay for landing fees and fuel at Nantes.

Aircraft Owner/Operator: Not publicly identified but should have been aware of who was flying the aircraft and what it was doing.

David Ibbotson: Only known licence/rating PPL.

You will notice that there was a lot of arranging without anyone saying who was paid for what.
Ok , let me try this story . I have to say that I am not a lawyer nor an expert in UK rules, but I guess this story is universal .If not then I'll be happy to be corrected.

You own a car , I am a good friend of yours and ask you if I can borrow your car for the week end as mine is U/S, and later tell you my son will drive it up and sown to France to pick up someone . You say yes and give me the cars papers and the keys.
My son comes to me later and says, I cannot do the trip buy my friend John that you know very well, will do it ; you say Ok , not ideal, but OK...
X gets an accident because he drove well above the speed limit and kills someone.

If no money changed hands, it is only the driver who is responsible., not the owner of the car, me who arranged the trip, or,my son who was supposed to drive.