PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 full time course March start date
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2019, 10:40
CaptainPugwash12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No the majority are self funded and the main chap I know had average of 98% ground school results and already had a PPL so more than competent, he just didnt pass the selection for the tagged scheme.

Many reasons including greed, they had a commercial fallout with one of the schools I think it was Arizona so they have a reduced capacity and there is a lack of aircraft but plenty of accommodation......, some have been shifted to Norway, some back to Bournemouth and others NZ and some a mix of both. They totally lack integrity they are selling courses still which they know they cannot provide but people are willing to pay. Its the same for Aeros, they have very limited capacity and all of the decent instructors left due to non payment but regardless of modular/integrated once they have some money from you its hard to leave....

Estimates I have heard it will take them between 1-2 years to get rid of the backlog, so I would stay clear of them for a year AT LEAST. If you can afford that kind of money over 100,000 go to a school then find a school that you can put it on a credit card so if any issues you are covered by consumer rights.

If you are really considering them or any school, use facebook, pprune, someone you know who is there or just left and can tell you how it is over a coffee one to one. IGNORE all marketing material and sales days/fairs at T5, total rubbish!!!

Alot of people dont realise it but the best training schools are NOT in the UK but in Europe where they have a different culture and are there to help rather and teach you than hinder and take as much money off you as possible.