PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook puts airline up for sale
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2019, 17:25
Asturias56

Received 359 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by RoyHudd
Please be careful not to damage this airline's prospects. Although I mentioned that the A330 fleet is ageing, there is plenty of life left in their aircraft, and some very new A321's are included. The 3 country operation has an extensive scheduled route network (From MAN, the UK airline flies schedules to JFK, LAS, SFO, LAX, MCO, SEA, BOS, CUN, plus a host of Caribbean countries. And GOI. All schedules, not charters.

There are many good people working for this company, and they do not need to feel their livelihoods threatened by a host of ill-researched remarks on this thread by people who have little or no knowledge of aviation. And believe me, there are plenty of you out there!

Since just about every news paper, TV news and internet news in W Europe is carrying the news I don't think any comment on here will make the slightest difference to be honest

As ever it will be the accountants, the bankers and the financiers who will decide how this plays out and I suspect most of them wouldn't be able to tell an A380 from a Ju 52/3m