PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sala Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2019, 10:19
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sala Plane Crash

Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere but strangely quiet on the Rumours platform.

I was interested by the fact that in the multi million world of football, Mr Sala was not being transported to Cardiff in a classy Private Jet . No, a single, prop, N-Reg. The rostered pilot (CPL, I hope) drops out and is replaced by a PPL holder (we are told). Hope he wasn't in remuneration. Hope he had a FAA PPL as the aircraft was N registered. Choice to fly, single engine, in bad weather, I think at night, over long water range got me really worried. And then we have Cardiff demanding the transfer fee of 15 mill even though the transfer will not, sadly , take place .

Well respected David Learmount commenting in the DM though.

All respect to Mr Sala and family who's remains were found in the aircraft. The pilot, Mr Ibbotsen, has yet to be located. Family have had to resort to crowd funding in order to continue the search. AIB given up quickly due to bad weather.

All looks highly interesting to me but I do await the the usual " Nothing to see here, move along " brigade .