PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 8th Feb 2019, 20:59
2unlimited

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by what next
I keep reading that here, but in what situation was he "caught"? If he indeed held a private pilot licence for daylight VFR flying then any request to carry paying passengers at night in poor weather can only be answered with a single word: No. Anything else is not "being caught" but means actively being part of it.
Yes this is partly correct, however this is the exact worry about PPL's "cost sharing", as they don't have the commercial experience or backing of SOP's to follow.
As I have mentioned before, the pressure would have been on both the PPL and the Football player to arrive on time for his first day at his new job.
Who decided to delay the flight to the night? And why? Sure D.I should have refused to make the flight, however it seems he was not worried to operate outside his legal license privileges.

But McKay as his agent had an obligation to have the player at the club on time for his first day.
The whole debate on this issue, is that PPLs are doing this, and will be exposed of external pressure to get the "job done", as it's expected by all parts.