PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 8th Feb 2019, 09:07
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Some consolation and relief for one family - at least which is some news.

The PM will determine cause of death of Mr Sala - being if he died on impact or drowned trapped in unconsciousness or if he was conscious - The forensic science will know.

I have no doubt that the aircraft wreckage will be recovered to the surface once the weather allows, although pretty wild again here near Weymouth today with a poor forecast for next 24 hours or so.
If recovery is not done now I reckon it will be in the future.
Any evidence found in the wreck there should reveal something - type of damage, Instruments ,Controls, Mobiles, GPS I-pads etc will be of great interest.

The Pilot may have escaped the crash but succumbed to the sea, or thrown out on impact or during submersion - his body will have been taken by the sea and perhaps be washed ashore somewhere - The mention of seat cushions being found on shore suggest their egress either by the accident or by a person.

There is a £15m contractual asset claim ongoing between the 2 Football teams...To try not to appear brutal the fact is Nantes want paying for Mr Sala.

I would suggest that both Mr Sala and likely Mr Ibbotson were both 'life' insured, either personally and/or via any Company insurance they may have had.
Mr Sala's employment contract may also have had further Insurance to cover his death ''whilst in service''.

All the insurance companies will want to look closely at any evidence found as to how this accident occurred, and if the carriage of the passenger was legal, and if any type of ''contract'' of carriage whether it be formal or informal that Mr Sala had, or had not engaged with, and with who, as this will all be pertinent to any claims.