PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2019, 02:35
Random22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skysook

Random22

According to this post you claim to have joined Skywest. However, in your previous post you were claiming entitlements because you had worked for the “VA group for 8+ years”. So which airline did you actually interview for and accept a position with? If it’s Skywest just remember that you’re part of the group by default (Virgin buys Skywest and now you’re on the list). Most VA737 drivers around you actually targeted VA mainline and got in. They’re on the list because they intended to be and not by default. So decide which one it is. Did you join Skywest or Virgin?
Skysook - regardless of which group I joined, the point remains that by being on the ATR I have had my career progression curbed by the company. As an ATR pilot I cannot go to ‘mainline (737)’ due to the 10% cap and I can’t go to the f100 without completing and interview and a sim. Why should I have to complete a sim and interview to move onto a fleet which was on the original (Skywest) seniority list I joined?

Again - avoid the ATR at all costs. You’re much better off starting on the 777 as an SO. At least you’re guaranteed progression after 30 months, not 10 years.