PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 7th Feb 2019, 06:51
DaveReidUK

Received 199 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Flynn
It seems highly likely that the body is that of the passenger who would have been seated in the back. No pictures have emerged of the front section of the aircraft.
That depends. It's not clear from the statements whether it has been confirmed there is/was only one body on the aircraft, or whether it just means that only one is/was visible to the divers. If one of the occupants had managed to extricate himself from the aircraft, I would expect it to be the younger, fitter one who was sitting nearest the exit (unless of course the fuselage was breached).

Originally Posted by Mike Flynn
The AAIB have indicated they will not recover wreckage so I assume it is unlikely there will be any private effort to raise it.
Again, that may depend on which body has been recovered - I guess we will be told that in the next few hours.

If Sala's remains are still unrecovered, and there is a possibility that the body is inside the wreck, well the family had enough resources to fund a private search so I wouldn't be surprised if they mounted a private recovery effort. While the poor weather has forced the AAIB's recovery operation to be abandoned, the location of the wreck is now known and it's not as if it's going anywhere.