PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2019, 09:52
StuBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well have come back from doing Stage 2 this week on which I was the only one of 11 to make it to the afternoon DART session and was delighted to be told by the instructor as soon as I had finished that I had passed DART. I still don't think I have fully processed it tbh and now fully appreciate why people say you cannot really prepare for Stage 2 as it really is a barrage test and it is difficult to find a breath never mind completely analyse all the information relating to the tasks, including familiarity of their layouts.

I found it a lot tougher than I expected and was surprised to find I got to DART session as I thought there were one or two stumbling blocks. I think the main thing though, as I admit to actually freezing on parts of it, is to forget about it quickly and just keep going. I would suggest the tests themselves are actually testing for this layered ability for candidates to not only work quickly and accurately but to do so under immense pressure, time constraints, with overload of information over a prolonged period of time, all to test how you fare when it can become too much which the numbers section did for me in places but in spite of that to keep working as best and accurately as you can during these stresses. I ran out of time in one test can't remember which but was one of the mapping ones and I have to say I found the cubes very easy maybe with the exception of 3-4 examples, finisheing that with 5-6mins to spare.

Anyway I have already booked on for my Stage 3 at Prestwick on March 6th so will be undertaking more prep for that now!

Last edited by StuBob; 10th Mar 2019 at 11:38.