PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado GR4 last flight
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2019, 23:10
BVRAAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackonicko
I'm not endorsing that view, merely reporting it. I do not work for any of the listed media organisations, and I have no particular 'axe to grind' against the President, though it does sadden me that a great, liberal nation that I have admired my whole life should now find itself being led by such a deeply unimpressive and unlikeable buffoon.

The Daily Mail (a news source that I do not endorse nor necessarily believe) reported that the withdrawal of Tornado from Shader was down to Trump's decision

See: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...raq-Syria.html

That's plainly wrong - the withdrawal of Tornado and the Tornado OSD was set months, if not years ago.

It was subsequently reported that the decision not to 'beef up' the Typhoon det was down to the same thing.

I believe that not to be the case, though my understanding, after talking to senior officers at Marham on 10 January at the F-35 IOC declaration media bunfight, is that the Typhoon det will not be increased in size. This did not seem to be a big secret, nor was it viewed as being in any way contentious.

Indeed Easy Street's analysis seems to me to be on the button. The tempo of operations has reduced, as has the area held by Daesh, and it would not seem necessary for the RAF to maintain the tempo of operations that it has been sustaining.

I think your axe to grind against the President is very clear. Claiming that you have no particular axe to grind against the President, but then following up with, "though it does sadden me that a great, liberal nation that I have admired my whole life should now find itself being led by such a deeply unimpressive and unlikeable buffoon" is contradictory to say the least!
To be perfectly clear, I don't have a problem with it, just be honest about it. President Trump is a very controversial and divisive character, and even as a person with conservative political views, I don't necessarily agree with everything he says and does... but I will neither hide approval or disapproval of some of his words and actions.

As for the Daily Mail, that website is a pioneer in what is known as "Fake News."