PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2019, 13:13
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by KenV
Two comments:
1. I never made such a claim. But nice try anyway.
In #864 you said:

Originally Posted by KenV
KC-10 has a significant dihedral. Lotsa "uphill" flow there. And besides, the plumbing and pumping is sized to provide good flow even when the tanker is flying in a bank where the "uphill" may be much more pronounced than the "uphill" provided by dihedral.
Can you show how have I misinterpretted that?

but is designed to accommodate the worst possible unbalanced/uncoordinated bank condition (be it a slip or a skid) within the aircraft's performance envelope. Clu4U: aircraft are equipped with turn and slip/turn coordinator instruments for a reason. And if it has escaped you, the "uphill" condition created by a slip/skid far exceeds the "uphill" condition created by an/dihedral. And for the KC-10, the "uphill" condition of the tail engine far exceeds the "uphill" condition created by dihedral. Clear enough?
You said nothing about "unbalanced" - you just said "banked". Stop wriggling - you made a yet another schoolboy error and exposed your ignorance. At least have the intergrity to admit it. Sorry, but I still recon you're probably a Walt.

PDR