PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet Future
Thread: Vistajet Future
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2019, 07:30
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Humpmedumpme

As long as it’s the same as yours? Would love to sit next to you for six days......just imagine 17.........

17/13 works for me, 6/5 doesn’t. Opinion and fact. 17 is long but I’d prefer that to the ballache of proceeding more than once a week.
You couldn't be more wrong about being on tour with me. We almost always have a great time and respect each others opinions, of course.

I imagine during 17 days on you will frequently be required to take an airline mid-tour. For example when an aircraft goes into maintenance or when you need your two local nights off to reset the duty clock but the aircraft needs to keep flying. So I don't think you will necessarily only have two airlines per 17 day tour. Granted, the same is true for NJE, sometimes.

However, in NJE your airline is in business class if it's longer than six hours. In Vista it's always eco, right? Now that would be a real pain for me.

In Vista you do all your training on your OFF days. In NJE it's on duty days.

And what about vacation? In NJE vacation is subtracted form your paid duty days.

Overall, I'm sure you work many days less at NJE per year and you get paid more, too. And you are gone for less time in one stretch.

It's ok to be happy enough with the vista roster but I really have a very hard time understanding how anyone could consider vista's roster better. Objectives it clearly isn't better. And even subjectively I struggle with that assessment. Now, if we were talking a true 14/14 or 15/15 with long haul travel in biz the I could see how some might like that better than 6/5 or 7/6. It still wouldn't be my preference, though.