PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRS stock crashing
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2019, 06:14
LesPretend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
If I hit the Lottery this week I will take some of the proceed and buy it.

Then I would buy a bunch of cardboard boxes that easily fit into two outstretched hands....and clean out all the useless management and get the business back to working like a real helicopter company.

First to go would be the HR Department....every last one of them.....and get back to a small Admin section.

Closely following them would be the drones that have created paperwork empires for themselves.

It would look like a Bowling Alley with all the Heads rolling about the place.

That wee callow fellow from the Shetland Islands would have a set of yellow footprints to stand on in front of my Desk all day long.

Instead of a Bentley parked out front....it would be a Diesel 4WD Pickup truck.
Unfortunately BRS are not alone in having an HR department that I’m guessing seemingly expands as the work dwindles. That’s a common theme repeated over O&G companies at the moment.

As an outsider looking in not specifically aimed at BRS but the obsession in the sector to remove the unfashionable roles which did most of the work behind the scenes particularly at the outstations to me seems a massive error in judgement. Good people were lost as bean counters in far away corporate HQs had their red pens out. It just doesn’t seem high level enough for management throughout the sector to get out there and understand how things actually work.

I heard a story recently about someone who was taken into a redundancy meeting to be told by her manager that he didn’t know what she actually did! A call to the client would have cleared that up for him.