PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2019, 23:57
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ho hum, most of my post didn't arrive above:

The KLM Crown Lounge was not very good at all but it was better than the new one (just).
It's not obvious what is left to open at L52 but they won't retrospectively put in power points next to the comfy chairs or take out café seats and install more proper chairs.
If they though putting in cheap, basic seats to get more people in was a good idea in a business lounge they are very much mistaken.
If I'm in there for hours and want to watch a film on my laptop then I need power so that I can watch another one on the long haul flight as the inflight movies are usually (with KLM) American based serious films to slash your wrists by. All I want is an easy watching fluffy comedy.
However, spreading the meal over nearly 3 hours can stop the use of a laptop anyway. Glad I'm not a business man wanting to work.
Mind, the wifi in the lounge works well.

Worst of all, I have to use it again tomorrow *

There must be lots of ways to get into business lounges these days everywhere including NCL and I have seen some very annoyed people getting turned away from Aspire.
And I still don't know why they ushered me into the Aspire+ part last time. I spent the whole time looking for someone to say, "do you realise who I am?" to.