PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking about quitting
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2019, 20:06
sharpend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dan, I have been instructing since 1970 so I know a little about it. Flying is the opposite of sex... the less you do, the less you want to do. A few years ago, my wife started to learn to fly. For obvious reasons I did not teach her, but I did advise her from time to time. She had her ups & downs, mainly due to poor instructors, changes of clubs and airfields. She nearly gave up. Eventually she found exactly the right instructor for her and she gained her licence. Getting the right instructor for you is essential. He/she needs not only to be able to teach, but to make you feel at ease, to make you enthusiastic, to make you look forward to the next lesson. They should praise you when you deserve it. You can do it. In 1970. a senior Training command RAF officer said there are no bad students, there are only bad instructors. Not totally true, but there is truth in it. From what I have seen over the years, there are plenty of bad instructors and even some good ones who are not right for you.