PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2019, 19:35
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
I'd have thought that BHX would be there most profitable base. More point to point traffic and less connecting traffic from other airlines and further away from Scotland.
Depends on who you believe but one of the most profitable has been heard to be used.

You only have to look at the fares charged and especially some of the last minute ones - Aberdeen out tomorrow morning back Wednesday evening was £505 return but while checking this it now sold out inbound, DUS completely full all three flights tomorrow, EDI out tomorrow morning and back Wednesday night £259 or £383. Stuttgart £327, Berlin TXL £446 (Out Tuesday back Thursday) - Amsterdam despite 11 flights by KLM and BE out tomorrow back Wednesday night £205 BE with KLM same times £626 return. Cheap compared to SAS CPH at £895 return on the cheap ticket.

These are only slightly higher than the norm due to the Spring Fair at the NEC and if you have the right yield management then you should be quids in although I suppose the Flybe accounts suggest they might be somewhat lacking in that department.

My gripe is that some of the winter reductions have not been reinstated during an annual trade show at the NEC with Lyon, Hamburg and Hanover not operating Tuesday or Wednesday, Milan Wednesday, Berlin Wednesday and Inverness Wednesday.

Pete