PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD may destroy Mull of Kintyre Chinook crash records
Old 1st Feb 2019, 13:01
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kintyred
May I again recommend David Hill's excellent book 'Their Greatest Disgrace'? Not the source documents we are petitioning to retain but an outstanding précis of the while sorry tale.
Thanks kintyred (😂love it) for the recommendation. I missed it earlier somehow. A great read I’m about a third through. David Hill writes a very compelling account somewhat in the style of one of our contributors here! 🤔

The appearance of the name of my ex-MP Andrew Robathan in the narrative explains a lot. He refused to see any of my points during the campaign, against my reasoned arguments.*

Now I know he was being shmoosed in Philadelphia by Boeing as the crash happened goes some way to explain his intransigence.*

His initial answer to me to me that he ‘doesn’t sign EDM’s’ was just one of his obfuscations. (I’m too polite to use the word ‘lies’) He was less than pleased when I sent him a list of those he had signed.*

Politicians eh? His toeing of the party line served him well. Now known as Lord Robathan of Poultney.*

Last edited by Arkroyal; 1st Feb 2019 at 13:14.