PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 31st Jan 2019, 18:09
CBSITCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As has been shown 'everyone' is learning from this bulletin board
As a recently qualified PPL(A) intending to progress to IR (purely recreational purposes only) I am learning a tremendous amount from the discussions on this forum, and this thread is no exception. It's the main reason I 'lurk'.

I know there have to be limits, but it would be shame to stifle the conversation too much. Perhaps nothing can beat personal experience, but there are many situations discussed in this thread where I am quite happy to learn second hand! As well as learning more about flight ops, my eyes have been opened to the extent - and complexity - of the regulations surrounding GA. What I studied for the PPL Air Law exam is much less than 1% of real-world regulation. Honestly, I now feel that flying the aeroplane is the easy part!

Some more experienced forumites may think many discussion points are tedious and futile, but believe me they are an excellent learning resource for new pilots and long may they continue.