PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condition admissions
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2019, 12:50
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Type: C560 / Capt
Salary: Not at liberty to reveal that to anyone. 50% part time employment, payment high enough to allow for german private health insurance. I am actually paid a little more than my wife who is a public servant in Germany with a university degree working full time during the week and often has to take stuff home over the weekend...
Per diems: as per German tax office allowance, varying from country to country
Minimum hotel rating: 4 star or more (don't care too much as most of my flights are day-return. On average one night away per week)
breakfast included: yes and no (inside Germany: no because of weird taxation, outside Germany: yes)
health plan: german private insurance paid half for by employer
pension: standard german social security
schooling: No (free of charge in Germany anyway including university where our son currently studies)
LOL: no and not necessary because of my other profession
flight tickets: yes in monkey class for any duration of time - but we only go to FSI via London, so its an hours flight and thats okay with me, almost no positioning.
roster: hmmm, tricky one. The flights for the aircraft owner (my employer) are known weeks in advance but the aircraft is operated by an AOC company who use it for charters which sometimes come at short notice. Charters are mainly for loog term customers who are well known, hardly any sh*tty broker flying. No standby duty.
extras: FSI twice per year
Company car: No need to go anywhere by car so none required. Would be a taxation nightmare anyway here in Germany...

Instructing and freelance work in my other profession are allowed on time off / annual leave partly to be taken during aircraft maintenance, on a gentlemen's agreement (which in some years can be four weeks in a row and we always schedule the large maintenance events in summer when the owner goes on holiday as well :-)
Full operational support, training, line maintenance, cleaning, caterting, etc. and second pilot provided by our AOC partner / aircraft maintenance with nothing to be left to desire / safety first approach, with no pressure on operational personnel whatsoever (flight ops manager of AOC is ex-airline guy)

Last edited by what next; 31st Jan 2019 at 13:02.