PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condition admissions
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2019, 09:13
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OutsideCAS
Your right to a degree. But its not blackmail and while i cannot speak for your current employer i know for a fact that employers take full advantage of any suppressed demand for pilots, so business demands this and also that the employee should also take full advantage as well. You believe otherwise at your peril as they are in business to make money, as are you. Its a nice idea being a man of honour but trust me that your employer will drop you like a hot potato should the market place demand it whether or not you are loyal. Sad i know.
This is my view as well. Some management companies and operators are obviously more honorable than others, but the sad fact is that the sales team seems to look short term rather than long term and will accept degraded employment terms for the crew, which in turn results in degraded crew loyalty when it comes to the next better opportunity. I'm right there and see no reason in not admitting it. Your employment contract is basically defined by your notice period and that's a two way street.

Type: GVI Cpt.
Salary: (perhaps this is a little private). not to me. 144K Euro year
Per diems: 120-100 Euro day
Minimum hotel rating: 4 star or more
breakfast included: yes and no (deducted from per diem if yes)
health plan: On duty only and then note even 100% (you'll have to add (pay) extra yourself)
schooling: No (pilot home based in Europe)
flight tickets: yes in monkey class for any duration of time ( as I say; it was when I joined and it will be when I leave).
roster: 4wks on/4wks off
transfer:?
extras: FSI full service training contract (Excellent)

Have I missed anything big there? Private Ops / no charters / aircraft "****ty" home base / freelancing allowed on time off / 35 (42) days annual leave (to be taken during time off/aircraft maintenance) / 4 pilot ops / large management company / Good operational support.

EDIT: Q: What would make me leave. A: Shorter rotation ( think 21/17ish is ideal - 4wks is too long time away from family!). More attractive aircraft homebase. Positioning in other than monkey class. Any combination of the above - though not for any suspicious operator or client.

Last edited by Klimax; 31st Jan 2019 at 19:26.