PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle-2
Thread: Carlisle-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 13:25
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamesair
Any word about the start of the scheduled services from the Management? Spring is looking increasingly unlikely now.
Seems to me the Airport is destined to remain unopened. However why go to the expense of kitting out a full terminal , extending the runway ( when the existing was perfectly adequate for their key market - GA/ RAF and Biz Jets. They even keep their own ' Stobart Jet' there
In fact it was during the conversation with the Stobart Airport' manager' bragging about offering easyJet the same deal that took then to Southend , which he likened to Carlisle, before they bought it , but also told us the aforementioned jet was being sent to Southend until works were finished .
I wonder if it ever came back.
But they were quite happy to give us the tour, including a quick ride down to the ' building site ' seems to me it was all just talk to ' impress the locals ', trouble is while plenty want it to be useable to fly to the likes of London ( to cut journey times for Holidays , I was surprised how many thought the likes of Thomson would show up, but that cannot happen ).
It's just such a waste The old terminal was shabby and not appealing ( more like an office with a roof with comfy seats and a dreamers destination aims map on the wall).
And that's going back to when building work on the terminus was still very much going on so again why spend all that public money if your going to do nothing with it.
Locals were promised by Stobart and The Council alike that they could soon be in London or Eireann quicker than current journey times .
But even if it does open, given how bad Teeside is doing , is CAX going to offer any difference?.