PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 27th Jan 2019, 23:42
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Eutychus
I never imagined something I perceive to be widespread practice being carried out in this kind of regulatory void.
Eutychus, I suspect you are in very good company - even amongst the Pros on here. I think you'll find all the Aviation professionals who have posted on/read this sad, sad thread, no matter how many years in the industry, will also have shaken their heads in disbelief and sadness on a significant number of occasions reading about this as the wider “regulatory environment” behind this has started to crystalise out - or should that be "started to emerge from the mists". It’s really exposed a number of aspects to the cold light of day – some linked to directly to this flight, but even more which could lead to the same result in various other "contracting models" (using "contracting" as a loose term here for any sort of agreement at any level). And it’s not a pretty sight! That “regulatory environment” aspect will take some sorting out – if, indeed, there is a will to change it.

Sadly, I'd suggest you don’t hold your breath……...