PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2019, 22:54
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funding afflictions ?

1splitpin says:
"David Billings funding efforts seem to have had the same afflictions.Some recent sad failed funding posts seem to have disappeared from his Web site after all the recent publicity in the Australian Media.It is a pity that David cannot resolve the funding issues as it appears to be the most convincing of all the theories presented to date."

One of the funding afflictions is that when rich people do approach me with ideas about funding the Project one of the problems is that they never, ever, want to use their own money. They always say they have "connections" or "know" people who will fund it so the search for funding then develops into a search for OPM - Other Peoples Money, never their own.
Another problem is when they have "Dollar SIgns" for eyes and Greed gets in the way.
"Control" also raises its' ugly head and control of the project becomes the aim.

I have had "all of the above".

Lastly , although I have been in Aviation in one form or another for nearly 70 years, "What would I know, Me, an old geezer living in Queensland " ?

Last edited by David Billings; 28th Jan 2019 at 09:37.