PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 27th Jan 2019, 11:25
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Formality , Crash investigation.

I have followed this accident with some interest and have a few questions to pilots here with proper knowledge of GA.

1 Who is conducting the Investigation ( UK or France)?
2 Will NTSB be involved as it was a N- registered AC?
3 What is the likely reaction from FAA, if any?
4 In the case of it being a UK matter , what is the likely CAA reaction or recommendation?
5 What would be France involvement and possible action?
6 What is the chance of the responsible people being taken to criminal court?

For those of You who are not familiar with me and my postings, here is a heads up!
I say it as I see it, and I have been in the industry for 30 years.
I resent that there is private pilots in Europe doing professional work like this!
It is dangerous, as proven here, and takes work away from young commercial pilots.
I particularly hate seeing innocent people die due to other peoples greed and incompetence!!

I am familiar with aircraft investigation ,and have been involved I all levels of Instructing.
I have experience with instructing in Canada, Norway, Europe and under the FAA system.
So, It intrigues me that this kind of stuff is allowed to go on.
I do believe that this would not be tolerated in the US by the FAA ,and in Canada by the MOT, correct me if I am wrong. It has been some time since I was in Canada.

The fact that UK CAA lets this go on does not surprise me one bit, as my experience and observation of them can be summed up in one word: Disappointing!

The Regulations and Legal limits here are obviously complicated, this is why I ask some rather basic questions.
The operational limits are in hindsight broken on just about every level, I would think.

I hope this high profile accident can end with the UK CAA and EASA getting the boots on the ground and finally do the Duty assigned them!

Regards
Cpt B