PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight training for AU licence in non VH reg
Old 27th Jan 2019, 04:17
hiwaytohell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or is it that you want to use a foreign registered aircraft to conduct training for a CASA requirement, of a CASA BFR ----- the two are very different things.
In the latter case, the aircraft will have to be entered on the AOC of where you want to do the CASA training ---- this is possible, but the time and cost means that the provisions would normally only be used in an airline scenario.
For a BFR or Type Rating and GA aircraft I don't think so?

The advice I had from CASA on this a few years ago was: "provided you can assure the aircraft has a valid CofA, CofR and is operated in accordance with its approved system of maintenance from its country of registration".

In my case it was a ZK registered aircraft and I wanted to run off the hours remaining on its maintenance release before putting the aircraft in for a refurb including paint and transferring rego. During that period I wanted to get a third party instructor rated in the aircraft, who was not so keen unless he had CASA clearance!

And during the period I also had some defect rectification, which I cleared with both CASA & NZCAA, which I signed off as an Aussie LAME, both CASA and NZCAA at the time stated it was permitted "provided I had access to, and complied with, the aircraft's approved system of maintenance". Mind you AUS/NZ have the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Treaty, so it may be different for a Thai registered aircraft in terms of maintenance.