PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2019, 01:54
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V-Jet
The conspiracy theorist in me would quote Mandy Rice Davies 'Well, he would (say that) wouldn't he?', but I specifically raised that wing issue with a very senior manager a few days ago. The denial started with a laugh, then exasperation in the voice saying 'NO - and you are the 3rd person TODAY to ask me that!'. The discussion then moved on to how to stop rumours as you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. The fear was that as soon as something as serious as that type of issue is mentioned in a print denial, it may lead to it gaining even more traction, and further afield.

I'm convinced that the manager in question was being honest by saying NOT TRUE, and was genuinely exasperated at the extent of the rumour and more concerned at how to shut it down without creating a PR nightmare. Of course, whether said manager was being lied to themselves is a question I cannot answer....
It isn't known whether the issue affects the early build A380 operated by Qantas, but the connection did suggest the issue did affect some aircraft.
With the litany of lies told to staff, shareholders and the government alike, Little Napoleon has added modern polish to 'the boy who cried wolf'.
After all, Qantas International was 'terminal'. Little Napoleon made the decision all by himself on a Saturday to ground the airline He required AUD$3 billion of taxpayer largess, recorded a huge paper loss as the Book value of long inflated International fleet was finally written down, convincing the staff a 'pay freeze' was necessary, only to miraculously 'transform' the business the very next financial year. A fortunate coincidence was the millions of options vesting at 'amazingly' the same time.

That the said manager, presumed to be within the flying operation, might not be told the truth is a fair assumption to make.
Either way,

Qantas need a new fleet.