PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit, licences and training
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2019, 12:39
Peter PanPan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for your reply Whopity.

I certainly did provided the CAA with certified evidence with my application as required, otherwise they wouldn't even have processed my application.

What astonishes me though is that even if I hadn't submitted a certified copy of my current Part-FCL license with all my ratings, why can't the CAA just issue a document on the basis of what they have on file? Or isn't a there a file? I would have thought that they keep a database of pilots' records, specially considering the doc 155 procedure that requires the authority to officially confirm to another competent authority which type of license and ratings one currently has.

If one looses one's license for instance and can only provide the license reference number or even proof of ID, wouldn't the CAA be able to reissue a license on the basis of that person's identity without a "certified copy of the current license"?

I am all in favor of additional layers of security to confirm one's identity and prevent fraud, but it seems absurd that despite all the bureaucracy the licensing department cannot get this right.