PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 26th Jan 2019, 08:04
DaveReidUK

Received 199 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by CBSITCB
Cool Flourish Limited was incorporated in February 1998 and dormant until December 1999 when it acquires a Golden Eagle for use in an “aircraft hire business”. The aircraft is written-off in an accident sometime in or around 2001. I couldn’t find a Golden Eagle accident that appears to match the circumstances in the AAIB, NTSB, or ASN records.
Yes, as I said in my earlier post:

Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
The accident/incident involving the C421 occurred much earlier than that - between March 2001 and February 2002, according to the note in that year's accounts - and it "curtailed aviation activities" of the company.

Whatever it was that happened, it doesn't seem to have attracted the attention of the AAIB or the CAA.
There don't seem to have been many recorded sightings of the C421 - presumably it was a hangar queen for several years while the insurance settlement was being negotiated.

Originally Posted by CBSITCB
Perhaps registered in some other jurisdiction?
No, it was on the UK register, as was the company's later PA-32.

Incidentally, the Golden Eagle wasn't "written off" - it's still G-registered with a new owner, albeit based in Portugal.

Last edited by DaveReidUK; 26th Jan 2019 at 08:16.