PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 25th Jan 2019, 21:04
Good Business Sense

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Luc Lion
I believe this conversation derails on the cost sharing / wingly side.
There is no sign whatever indicating that the doomed flight was a cost sharing one.
There are indications that the agent mentioned above (McKay?) had access to the plane and that he had used the services of DI in the past for other private flights.
I don't think any individual in this sad story had problem facing the operating cost of this flight and I think it is very likely that the whole operating cost was taken by the flight organiser.
If my guesses are true, it's a genuine private flight.
It may be that the pilot was not properly licenced, but that's another issue.
The real issues that led to a disaster are how the flight was planned and conducted.

And for all these anathema on cost sharing, I think that most ordinary people have no idea that they can fly on a small airplane through some car-sharing schema.
Mr and Mrs Smith rightly think that cheap air travel is with low-cost airlines.
I think that most putative passengers looking for flights on wingly are attracted by the adventurous scent of flying in small airplanes.
Further, these activities are not taking any business away from air-taxi companies : regular air-taxi customers will never put their live at risk in a wingly flight and they have the money for professional air-taxis.

So, please leave aside this hysteria about cost sharing models and come back to this private flight that went fatally wrong.
No...... unfortunately you are wrong on so many counts. GA AOCs are closing.