Old 25th Jan 2019, 05:03
Cows getting bigger

I'll just put a personal view on why this is so important.

I looked upon Rick Cook as a close friend. We were together at Gutersloh in the mid/late-80s and we flew together in the Falklands in April/May1988. On one trip, I remember Rick categorically refusing to scud-run up the side of a hill to collect two signallers who had been maintaining a rebro site; they had to walk down the hill to the CH47. In those three or four years we experienced the needless death of friends on a number of occasions (To recollect a few - Dave Sunderland/John Carver - Otterburn. Phil Brewer, Jim McMenemy & Glynn Jones - Hannover. Paul 'Ada' Adams & Pete Smith - Gutersloh. Colin Burns and the rest of the crew of Dylan - Harris).

Rick was a gentleman, intelligent, funny and highly professional. I'm sure there are at least 28 sets of similar personal thoughts dating back more than 25 years.

Brian Dixon, John Cook and many others spent well over a decade fighting to right the obvious 'wrong'; John never had the honour of seeing his son's name cleared. But that should be just half the story. There will be a time where all the information needs to be brought together to present a true and accurate consensus, warts & all; 2nd June 1994 was one of the RAF's darkest hours and 28 families deserve the right to retain all the facts.

"Justice has no Expiry Date" - John Cook