PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 24th Jan 2019, 20:46
mikebrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Responsibilities

Originally Posted by runway30
There is a nasty smell and it is coming from a can of worms that has been opened. I don’t know if there will be any shortcomings in either the licence or the flying skills of the pilot, we will have to wait and see. However, what would worry me is if the pilot takes all the blame for this tragedy when there are others with a callous disregard for human life who simply melt away. I can’t recall another accident, except for Cork, where you can’t identify the owner/operator of the aircraft and there are so many people shaking their heads saying ‘Nothing to do with me’.
I’m not sure I am following you here: there is only one person in charge and it’s the pilot. He can always say “no”.
Also I would be interested to know more about the second, much more experienced pilot, that alledgedely decided to not go with them at the last minute (after passing Nantes’ airport controls.)