PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 24th Jan 2019, 07:34
Nulli Secundus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a shame such a successful name in Australian business has now become so conflicted and counterproductive.

But why so bitter and destructive? As for any industry body, if you really want to drive away members and destroy any possibility of selling your businesses as going concerns, inviting a despondent, defeatist Dick Smith to articulate his views at your next forum will be the best advice you will ever hear.

Don't forget: Dick Smith wants to see everyone out of general aviation, but he's decided he's staying in! Or, put another way, do as I say, but not as I do. Or put another way, my significant wealth means the impacts of a declining industry will have a very insignificant impact on my personal way life, thus whatever contribution I make to that decline will not affect me in any great way. Now if you're not a person or business of means and you depend on a flourishing, vibrant GA industry just watch how significant these destructive words will be on your personal way of life.

Be honest, we've all met someone like this in our lives. Do you still hold them in great esteem? Maybe you never did.