PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greed
Thread: Greed
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 23:44
beached az

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hear you.....

Hi Dragon,

Recently the family and I flew back across the ditch for Xmas and against my better judgement I booked with QF via Webjet. HBA/SYD/AKL. 2 hour lay over in SYD with all baggage going all the way through, plenty of time for some leisurely pre-Xmas duty free shopping – or so I though.

A text at 23:15 the night before advised us that the ‘red eye’ (Cobham) out in the morning had been cancelled.
Nice man managed to re route us through MEL on (you guessed it) JetStar ☹ and we would have to collect and re check all bags in MEL.

We were travelling with a toddler, a 6 YO with all associated bags and paraphernalia as well as my mountain bike ☹ Arrival in MEL was an hour late and once we eventually stumbled over to International we found the check in system had **** itself. An hour and a half later with some running we managed to make our gate just after boarding had commence thanks to some que jumping at security check.

Once on board all meal requests were null and void as we were now on a different booking and they ran out of kids meals, "they've all run out"
Mrs was fuming!! At least they didn’t run out of beer 😊

This is the first time in years that I had traveled on QF I’m usually loyal to the VA brand and now I know why. The cost saving simply wasn’t worth all the grief.
The return sectors from NZ were all good. Jet Connect have a far better grasp on customer service that the parent company.

BAz