PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 22:37
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bull at a Gate
As is increasingly the case Dick does not tell the whole story. Have a look at section 7 of the Warnervale Airport (Restrictions) Act which deals with “Emergencies”. The family flying south to whom Dick refers would have no trouble landing in the circumstances he describes.

Bull at a Gate,
Quite so, the first thing I would do in an emergency in the area is pull out "my copy" the the NSW legislation, Warnervale Airport (Restriction) Act 1996, ( you all carry one in your flight bag, of course) amended, and check if I can "legally" land.
We all know, compliance with "the rules" ensures air safety!!
Indeed, the new Part 91 reinforces the concept, compared with the sloppy old rules that ICAO states around the world have existed with, and continue to "Labor".
Tootle pip!!

From said Act. http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/leg...1996n57404.pdf
Part 2 Restrictions on aircraft movements
Application of Part
(1) This Part does not apply to take offs and landings of aircraft at Warnervale Airport on an existing runway.
(2) An existing runway is a runway that was constructed before the commencement of this section and that is not extended at any time after the commencement of this section.

Last edited by LeadSled; 23rd Jan 2019 at 23:10.