PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 20:16
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vctenderness
I think you will find that the current BA Chatham Dockyard tails were in fact part of the World tails.

Yep.....I vividly remember attending a “top secret/need to know/eyes only” presentation prior to the introduction of those tails..held in a top secret bunker disguised as a large windowless caravan parked outside Compass Centre (the former BA Crew report centre on the Bath Road) ....On the day I was there group of us (flight crew and cabin crew) sat down, listened to some advertising person, looked at some art work and mock ups and then told said luvvie we thought a lot of the art work was “meh” at best, but that the Chatham Dockyard Tails were quite nice actually and could that opinion get fed back to the Board... we were then somewhat taken a back when the artistic person told us, errr, no, we weren’t looking at a shortlist, that he wasn’t asking for opinions, that the decision had already been made and that the decision had been we were getting the lot.....but thanks for coming...

Anyhow Chatham looked good, right from day one, on everything from Concorde through the 744 and on to the shorthaul fleet. Of course eventually, and with no fanfare and on the quiet the whole fleet got that scheme...So popular opinion won in the end and it is about the only instance I can think of where Margaret Thatcher and I shared the same opinion.

Last edited by wiggy; 23rd Jan 2019 at 20:32.