PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 14:57
mryan75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sort of a tangent, but I've read plenty of accident reports with up and up charters in very capable aircraft where the pilots had some very sketchy (dodgy as you guys would say) piloting backgrounds: lost jobs, washing out of training, failing checkrides. And hey, anyone can blow an IR checkride, but I'm talking a history of failed rides and being relieved of their job for lack of ability. And they latch on somewhere else because there is always a need for pilots.

I just wonder if the pilot shortage is going to make this worse and worse. And these things like Wingly are just accidents waiting to happen. The traveling public truly has no idea. I have a very close friend who has done quite well for himself, he flies private now and again. I tell him, whatever you do, never, ever take the lowest bid. Get the most reputable company your ca, and really, just fly commercial if you can.

The longer I'm around aviation the more I realize how little the traveling public knows about issues that directly affect their safety.