PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP go rogue
Thread: AFAP go rogue
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 02:27
ExtraShot

Received 33 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
ExtraShot, I acknowledge that I don’t have a good working knowledge of the JQ EA and I stated as much in my original post. There are definitely additions there that I have not included such as you listed. However the QF figure also does not include many additions such as ADTA/ODTA, working divisor +5, overtime (yes there is still overtime in some circumstances on the 787).
The 175 hour figure used is based on the actual current divisor in all bases. I don’t know what hours the JQ guys are doing.

The the difference may not be 70% but it’s pretty sizeable.

I understand that. But it’s nowhere near 70%, not even remotely close. 175 hr divisors shouldn’t be the norm anyway given planning divisor for the 787 is about 20 hrs lower... (correct establishments for a different thread perhaps!?). But let’s start by doing the QF calculation there rather than the extremes.

A quick back of envelope calculation With comparable hours the difference would be 15-20 %, if that, probably widening a bit if both groups are on minimium hours. We have divisor plus 5, they have VERY lucrative day off payments (this could close the gap significantly if you were prepared to do it), we have odta they have highline if they choose...

So I don’t think it’s totally outlandish for them to ask for the gap to be closed,( nor do I necessarily think it will be), but if you don’t ask you won’t get.