PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly a320
Thread: Pay to fly a320
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 13:36
Sholayo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you ask me if I would have ample money to pay for P2F described here, I would rather spend it on flying for non-profit like MAF or pick some poorly paid pilot job somewhere to gather experience. This is what I think is the best use of money planned fot P2F.

On the other hand - how come there are people (especially in developing countries but also in 'The West') who can afford 0-ATPL program including all these hours, then type-rating, then some P2F and in the same time be able to maintain some minimal level of life. 0-ATPL, even in Poland is at least $60k, then life itself like $24k (minimal approx 2 yrs expenses in PL). Then $30k Type Rating, then P2F - next $50k.
We're over $150k.
So, how long it will take you to make this money in paid position of FO in some 'mid'level' airline?
I think my question is - leaving all the emotions I can see in this thread - is it worth it? Before you answer - think of, say, medical school? How much it costs you, how long it takes you to be a doctor, how long it takes you to be a really financially independent doctor? (the catch - in PL and in Europe in general I think, medical studies are almost free).

&