PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP go rogue
Thread: AFAP go rogue
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 02:12
busdriver007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My view is for AFAP to go for it. The way AIPA are going the JQ pilots may very overtake the QF pilots. A lesson here to be learned is the JQ guys signed up to a deal and this was deliberately set up to undercut mainline and there were volunteers aplenty and now they want more. It is much more difficult to claw back conditions once they are given away. AIPA are in there FAAA phase where they think the only way to secure flying is to sell(or should I say GIVE conditions away!). One of the most stupid negotiations seen in my lifetime(except for 1989) was to give away the right to claim Overtime and NIght Credits in the next round of negotiations! (Who does that!) The problem the Jetstar pilots have as the mainline pilots have found out is that they can be undercut and the Company has Cobham and Network all set to do this. Stop the dog eat dog and start to work together for ALL pilots both present and future. The shortage will start to bite in the Regionals and work it's way into the various subsidiaries and pilots who want a career can go elsewhere. The only winner here is the Company if the pilots keep going down this path. Maybe the Former AIPA President will do well who knows but Qantas mid-level management has many dead bodies(especially in the Alan Joyce era).