PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2019, 16:48
MikeAlpha320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Angry from Purley
MikeAlpha

You might find that Easy Pilots had those sort of questions when they first started FRMS - what it must be 15 years ago? probably when you were still at school?
I'm sure Easy do look at commuting and BA are quiet correct in asking you - just look at Crew Members Responsibilities if not.
BA have just started down the FRMS it was only a few years ago the normal comment was "there is no fatigue at BA" . So its early doors when you get what seem like daft questions when you come from Easy which has a mature FRMS (and it was only a few years ago they came under a lot of flack from BALPA about FRMS)

Mr Angry, I am aware of crew members responsibilities. I have a short, driving commute. BA are being particularly invasive and trying to make commuters adhere to unpublished rules and rules which they will then break themselves. People are being contacted by management about their commute but with no actual adherence to disciplinary procedure- surely you can see why that is frustrating?

Hence my point about BA being behind EJ wrt SH. I appreciate guys/girls/union at easy had to endure that attitude to fatigue but it doesn't mean that BA should plead ignorance. The foundations have been laid elsewhere, its no excuse to be 15 years behind.

Not sure why school comment is relevant (or indeed accurate)