PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2019, 14:34
MikeAlpha320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speed freek
Because it's fashionable to badmouth the company whenever possible.

The best flying job is flying for a legacy in your home country. Dutch pilots going to KLM isn't an accurate reflection of "deterioration" in BA as some would have you believe.

And here is the reason why we end up in the state we do. I love it. People here have genuine gripes & issues. A lot of us have come from other airlines (are you at BA? were you a cadet?) and have had other experiences- some good, some bad. I am NOT badmouthing BA. I am simply relating my previous experience to my current one. Flying SH airbus from LGW/LHR. I am trying to give people my opinion on the actual reality of working here. Not someone on Instagram/Facebook trying to impress everyone with their fabulous rosters and wonderful work life.

If I was really 'Bad mouthing' them my posts would be far longer and would probably be removed by mods for my colourful language . Why is the best job legacy in your home country? I have plenty of friends working 4 on 4 off home every night at their regional base on part time contracts earning far more than I do in their loco, but I suppose BA is better because its a legacy, right?

You are crazy if you can't see the decline in T&C's at BA. People are leaving, back to where they came from. They are struggling to fill LGW commands. They are getting SH offers refused left right and centre. It has got nothing to do with being fashionable and in all honesty I think you are just insulting those of us that actually go against the grain and don't pretend BA is this utopia that some love to pretend. Ill leave that to the centenary pin wearers