PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2019, 09:36
pholling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FFMAN
I'm a regular critic of the facilities and service experience at MAN but I speak as I find.....on my first two trips so far in the New Year I can honestly say that I have been through security in less than 10 mins on both occasions with no dramas - of course it's the quiet season but it shows what can be done.
I'm still not fond of the 'threats': 'you will be delayed by 30-40 minutes' that sounds like a policy to me - which would be unacceptable.

By the way the shouting has been toned down somewhat in recent times...maybe they read this stuff and have moderated their nonsense. However if you really want to hear some full-on security queue shouting, try any US gateway airport. They are the masters at that.
Only one trip in the New Year (5-12 Jan) so far, but I did travel out on the 27th of Dec and back on 2 Jan. Completely different experiences. However, they matched the ones I have had all along. The Dec trip was through T1, shouty security, some disorganisation, but slightly improved on my prior trips through there. Returning on a domestic arrival was, as always, as shambles. The Jan trip was T2. No shouting in security, the woman actually helped consolidate trays for our family. This was almost the same experience I had with my two trips out of T2 last summer. Only main difference was no line this time vs <5 min in the summer. This may be because all of my T2 flights are after the big TUI and Jet2 rush (10:30-14:00 departures). It might also be because T2 is never as close to saturation as either T1 or T3 are. Arrivals back in, almost exactly 1 hour from walking off the plan to walking in the front door (40min drive included). No wait in immigration, got all of our bags well within 10 mins of hitting the baggage claim hall, first one in less than 2 mins). MAN is very much an airport of 'diverse' experiences T1 is really a kludge, poor out and in, T3 is swamped in departures and international arrivals, but a breeze for domestic arrivals, and T2 is generally quite pleasant, even with the construction.