PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Keycopter - T.I.P.I.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2019, 19:17
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,
my problem is really the "up to date"-ness of the Manuals on Keycopter - even if they are slow to update - parts of the manual so far out of date, that I received already the 2nd set of up-date pages?? TIPI is usually right on, but except for the machines that received completely new Flight Manuals recently (e.g. 350B3-2B1) it is very tedious (if not impossible) to assemble a complete and up to date Manual just from TIPI...
Keycopter seems to have some "original" version loaded and they update it - sometimes - I have samples where they updated the most recent changes, but others are still out by 2-5 years....

I would believe that maintaining manuals up to date online (....as this is offered as a "to pay for service" subscription) is a somewhat important, critical and time sensitive thing!!

Now, the machines in question in my case are rather simple to operate (....and partly because of that I am battling with neglected manuals), but I would suggest that with more complex machines things could go wrong rather drastically...

Often it might not be safety directly, but what if a changed procedure is not implemented and results in expensive repair??
E.g. cranking procedure on a 350B3e/130T2 - there was a change that NOW requires to switch on the aux-fuel pump BEFORE cranking.
Initially no pump was required.....
Last I checked on Keycopter (350B3e) that up-date is still NOT in the keycopter manual....

The 1st item I ran into was with the 350B3-2B manual and it seemed like a clerk error. But then there is more and more missing updates
Of the 4 subscriptions we maintain NONE is up to date throughout! Some I only found because I had a stack of updated pages (of which some were already obsolete by the time I got the chore handed) - so effectively - I need to score through the whole TIPI stack to try to find updates (....as you know Airbus likes to be ..."complex" with different lists for "approved pages", "pages not requiring approval" and "supplements")

After finding all 4 messed up, I wonder if that is not epidemic throughout the keycopter available service??

I don't want to know how deep that goes into complex machines - 145, 365, 225, etc...

At some point it becomes "insurance sensitive" - something goes wrong and insurance doesn't pay because it was not "procedure as mandated"....

I think, if I pay for a subscription - with the explicit purpose (...and confirmed by email correspondence) to have the subscribed Manual available online 24/7 and UP-to-DATE.... I should be able to trust Airbus to deliver, shouldn't I??

3top